So I managed to check most of what was pending, and bring my message center down to "2." I don't think it's been this low since maybe 4 years ago. I feel extreme.
I guess you noticed the massive update I just did, and I hope I can keep up with this more often than, well, you know, once every 10 months. But I can't promise anything, so let's just see how it goes.
Anyway, let me give you a little run-down of this year:
- Fly back to Vancouver from Monterrey.
- Meet new bipolar roommate who rearranged entire apartment without waiting for me (who had been there since before) to arrive, and at least ask me if I'm ok with it.
- Start depressive season.
- Mild Depression.
- Bed bugs?
- Fly down to LA for Paley Fest, and meet people from the COMMUNITY cast.
- Happy for an entire month.
- Start working on student animated film (pitching, storyboarding, animatic, layout).
- Bed bugs?
- HARD-CORE DEPRESSION.
- Work on student film (rough animation).
- Bed bugs?
- STILL DEPRESSED.
- Work on student film (rough animation, clean-up, inbetweening).
- Definitely Bed bugs.
- Roommate leaves for a month.
- Sleep on the living room while bedroom is fumigated.
- Live off of garbage bags.
- Depression starts to fade.
- Work on student film (still doing clean-up, compositing).
- Fly down to LA for #SIXSEASONSANDAMOVIEARTSHOW (three days before the scanner cut-off).
- Depression is GONE.
- Finish student film three days before everyone else.
- Fly down to LA again for first Soup taping.
- Get to meet muse/hero/role-model Joel McHale.
- Start work on Flash film.
- Finish flash film.
- Turn 25.
- Move back to Mexico.
- Fly up to LA for 3 weeks for... stuff.
- Visit COMMUNITY set (twice).
- Back to Monterrey.
- Start getting studio/office/work-space ready.
- Sporadic depression (every week or so).
- Student film reaches 100k views on vimeo [link]
- Stop getting depressive fits after getting back in to EVANGELION and anime in general.
- Move into studio/office/work-space.
- Fly up to LA for a week for... stuff.
- Visit COMMUNITY set, and Disney TVA studio.
- Still waiting.
So yeah. Apparently, I've spent most of the year submerged in depression, but now it's fixed. I haven't been depressed in two months, and, quite frankly, I've achieved SO MUCH this year, I can just say this has been the best year of my life (I honestly can't remember most of why I was sad, I can only remember the intense joy I've felt).
So yeah. Uh... MERRY CHRISTMAS AND STUFF!!